5 ways with kefir
5 ways with kefir
As we learn more about gut health and the importance of maintaining a healthy gut, kefir has been thrust into the limelight and lots of us are slurping up the good stuff in an effort to boost our own colony of friendly bacteria.
If you’re looking for ways to include Kefir in your every day diet, look no further… with the help of our friend over at Bio-tiful Dairy we’ve come up with a list of our top 5 ways with kefir.
1. Drink it straight from the bottle… anytime, anywhere!
2. Use it as you would use cold milk or natural yoghurt – on cereal and granola or over fruit!
3. Add it to a smoothie – you won’t find the Blues Beater on the Crussh menu anymore but try making it at home…
- 250ml Kefir
- 1 banana
- handful of blueberries
- handful of spinach
- Vit D booster
- Simply pop it all in a blender, whizz up until smooth & enjoy!
4. Overnight oats… super simple, no cooking involved and utterly delicious! Try this apple and blackberry overnight oats recipe:
- 125ml Original Bio-tiful Kefir
- 50g oats
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Handful of blackberries
- Stewed apples
- Coconut shavings
- Pop all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Chill overnight.
- Top with blackberries, stewed apples and coconut shavings.
5. Salad dressings & dips. Kefir can be used for sweet or savoury and here is the recipe to prove it:
Beetroot & Kefir dip
- 4-6 medium beetroots
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Bio-tiful Kefir
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- A pinch of salt
- (Optional): 1/4 cup roasted skinned hazelnuts (chopped), 2 tbsp crumbled goat’s cheese, fresh herbs (dill or parsley) and warm bread for serving
- Cook and peel the beetroots then cut them into wedges and transfer to a food processor
- Add the garlic and Kefir then pulse until blended. Next add the olive oil, honey and puree. Season with salt
- Place into a wide, shallow bowl and scatter the hazelnuts, goat’s cheese and herbs on top. Serve with warm bread
So there you have it, 5 easy (and delicious) ways to get more kefir into your diet!