Trick your Treats!
Trick your Treats!
Halloween season is upon us, but with all those tempting treats out there how do you enjoy the spooky season without impacting your workout fuel...??
....Introducing our Pumpkin Spice Barebells Blondies!
Follow our recipe to make yourself some ghoulishly good snacks for a post-gym protein power-up!
150g Coconut Margarine
3 Large Eggs
250g coconut nectar
50g Caster Sugar
250g Coconut Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1kg Fresh Pumpkin Chunks
X2 Barebells White Chocolate and Almond Barebells Bars
Optional for icing:
White Chocolate Chunks
For the Pumpkin Puree;
- Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees
- Place your fresh pumpkin chunks on a baking tray, spray with olive oil (I decanter mine into a cosmetics spray bottle I got from Superdrug!), and sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger.
- Bake for 25 mins, until soft.
- Add to mixing bowl, with I tablespoon of vanilla essence and puree with a potato masher, or hand blender.
For the Blondie Mix;
- Keep Oven heated to 180 Degrees.
- In a bowl add the eggs, coconut nectar and sugar then whisk until thick and foamy.
- In a separate pan melt the butter, and add 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and fold in using a spatula.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture, along with cinnamon and ginger to taste. For subtle flavour I recommend 1 teaspoon of each, if you want your blondies a bit more fiery then add 2 of each!
- Fold the flour mixture in and pour into the batter into a greased baking tray.
- Chop the Barebells bars into 6 pieces each and place into the mixture, avoiding the edges and pushing down into the mixture to avoid burning.
- Bake for 30 – 35 Minutes. If the top begins to brown then you can turn down the temperature of your oven.
- If you want and extra Halloween treat then you can add a cream cheese frosting with some white chocolate chunks!
200g Icing Sugar
100g Butter or margarine
100g Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon vanilla essence
Check out more from Barebells at https://barebells.com/en-uk/
For more from Crussh visit https://crussh.com/blog/
To check out our full menu visit: https://crussh.com/menu/